Tuesday, August 4, 2009

At it again!


Hello, I'm at once again cooking up new things. So this might not be the prettiest picture but it tastes good. Today, I cook a beef roast in the crock pot . I went to do what I normally do but I was out of beef broth. In a crunch I was thinking on what do, here is the good part. I was drinking my Dr. Pepper and thought I wonder what it would be like with my favorite drink. Let me just say it came out good.
1-Beef roast
3-cloves of garlic (diced)
Half of a onion (sliced)
A splash of soy sauce
one can of Dr. Pepper
Salt and pepper

I put this all in the crock pot and cooked it all day on low. I do all this to my roast most of the time. But put beef broth in normally. Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Serna Family said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I HATE Dr. Pepper. My kids love it and try to trick me by switching drinks, but the moment the smallest amount touches my tongue I cringe and feel sick. I would probably never try this recipe because of my strong hate for Dr. Pepper. Way to be creative though.

MJ said...

Curious...could you tell that there was Dr. Pepper in it when you ate it?

I have a recipe for chicken marinade that calls for sprite. One time I was out of sprite and used Mountain Dew. (seem to always have that on hand!)

You are so creative!! love it

Annie said...

The gravy was kinda of sweet but I think if you didn't know what was in it you would never know. I know you can use Coke or other cola drinks so I thought why not. What makes it so funny is me and my soda. By the way Peach and Dr. Pepper are a good mix too. We made a BBQ kind of sauce over the weekend, it was good too. I guess we use what is on hand! :)