
It has been suggested I should take a trip down memory lane and share with you a little bit about my life. Just before I start I bet y'all did not know I'm a little bit redneck. I grew up in a small town. We lived in a trailer and for the first few months we had no power. I remember taking showers at the state park. We would have our power go out weekly. I remember my parents cooking on kerosene heaters and flushing the toilet with swimming pool water where our pet trout named Bob lived and I might add he loved to eat cheerios. The local Wal-Mart was the coolest store ever.
But the things I miss are picking wild flowers, seeing deer and the smell of fresh cut Christmas trees. Also playing at the state park, The smell of salt water. Climbing trees, playing Hide n go seek in the dark woods at night. A big family past time. We also had a big metal shop where my Dad and his band would have party's, live music and kiddie swimming pools filled with fresh crab. And don't forget the Geoduck. If you don't know what it is, look it up.....it tastes so good. Oh, I could go on and on about our little logger town and some of our redneck ways but I geuss you will just have to ask.
We all come from so many places and it funny the paths we end up on and the new ones ahead. But it nice to know we take a small piece with us everywhere we go. So here's to new memorys!
3 comments:
Annie! That was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing! I would love to see pictures of you when you were little!!
Annie,
So glad to find you here in blogger-land. I'm pretty new here too but I'm having so much fun sharing photos and updates with distant family through our blog. I haven't seen pictures of the newest addition to your family yet. Your girls are beautiful and of course Bjorn is as handsome as ever!!! We have an exchange student from Norway living with us and his dad's name is Bjorn (his grandpa's name is Per) ... too funny! We hope to come to Utah for a visit over the Christmas holidays. We miss you! Keep blogging - and sharing! Love Per and Zan and family
Annie,
I'm so glad you enjoyed our logger town. I don't think I liked it much then but looking back now, most of my fondest memories are of us walking the trails at the state park. We would be at the park all day, just coming home long enough to eat. I do remember Bob. Hard to believe we're 30 and 3 kids each. And those are some very cute kids of yours.
Post a Comment